Contactless IC Card Reader/Writer (RC-S380 Series) is an NFC capable reader which can be connected to a PC via USB port presented by MSP Metrology (M) Sdn Bhd from Sony Japan.
Available for various contactless IC Cards
• Read/Write capability with FeliCa card / FeliCa-compatible devices and ISO/IEC 14443 Type A / Type B cards.
Compatible with Windows® Embedded
• Compatible with Windows® Embedded Standard 7 SP1, Windows® Embedded POS Ready 7, and Windows® Embedded 8.1 Industry.
Conforms to PC/SC 2.0 specification
• PC/SC interface for applications is provided to access FeliCa cards and ISO/IEC 14443 Type A / Type B cards.
Supports major virtualization systems for secure thin client environments
• Suitable for terminal login authentication, etc., using IC cards in major virtualization systems to realize secure thin client environments.
Compliant with various countries’ / areas’ radio law
• RC-S380/S is compliant with radio law in the following countries and areas:
• USA / Canada / EU / Korea / Taiwan / Hong Kong / Vietnam / Thailand / Malaysia / Singapore / Philippines / Indonesia / Saudi Arabia / China (China model only) / Japan.
|Regulation requirements||・Japan: No.: AC-12005
・USA: FCC ID: AK8RCS380
・Canada: IC Certification No.: 409B-RCS380
・Europe: CE R&TTE(1999/5/EC)
|Communication method||Conforms to ISO/IEC 18092 (212 kbps / 424 kbps Passive communication mode)
Conforms to ISO/IEC 14443 (Type A / Type B)
|Communication distance*1||Approx. 5 mm (distance from the external surface of the device)|
|Carrier frequency (per card/device)||13.56 MHz|
|Communication speed (per card and device)||106 kbps*2, 212 kbps, 424 kbps*3|
|Compatible cards / devices*4||・FeliCa Standard
・NFC Dynamic Tag (FeliCa Plug)
・Mobile FeliCa IC mobile phone
・ISO/IEC 14443 Type A, MIFARE, Type B
・MIFARE Ultralight / Ultralight C
・MIFARE DESFire / DESFire EV1
・Jewel / Topaz
|API||PC/SC Ver. 2.0, FeliCa library|
|External interface||USB (full-speed)|
|Operating temperature*5 / humidity
(no condensation or frost)
|5 ºC to 35 ºC / 10% to 90%|
|Storage temperature / humidity
(no condensation or frost)
|-20 ºC to +60 ºC / 10% to 80%|
|Mass||Approx. 36 g (excluding USB cable)|
|External dimensions (W x H x D)||Approx. 60 mm x 11 mm x 100 mm|
|Operating voltage, Consumption current||DC 5V Max. 200 mA during operation|
|Supplied accessories||Instruction manual, WEEE mark instructions*6, cardholder, dedicated stand, USB cable (approx. 1 m long)|
*1 Typical value. The communications distance depends on the peripheral environment. Under ideal conditions, this value is unaffected by electromagnetic waves or metallic substances.
*2 If ISO/IEC 14443 Type A / Type B cards are used.
*3 The card and device being used must correspond to 424 kbps communication.
*4 Successful operation is not guaranteed with all compatible cards and devices.
*5 The ideal temperature for successful operation.
*6 Not included in the Chinese model.
• Range = 5mm distance
• Condition = 100% new
• Package = with box
• While stock last
Inquiry - Sony Contactless IC Card Reader/Writer (RC-S380 Series)
Fill out the form below and we'll be in touch soon.